• Meta — Stuff about veekun. Praise, complaints, praise, praise, more praise, and so on.
  • type order

Hello!

;hello,hello,hello.../echo

I am probably the only person on this planet to be annoyed by this, but why are the types always in alphabetical order? Bug, Dark....

"are you serious?"

Yea..

anyhow, theres like 2 official orders I think (like in the japanese sites pokedex, and in some games), always starting with Normal, then the typical elemental stuff starting with Fire, Water... and ending with the rare and special stuff like Dragon, Dark, Steel.

I like that aesthetically much more. In searches too. You'd sort pokemon by type, and then it starts with bugs lol (btw, when sorting by type, would be nice if it was pure types first, then combos with that type as primary, and then combos with that type as secondary)

pretends someone will give a fuck

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/zukan/?inc=rbnr

Normal Fire Water Electric Grass Psychic Fighting Poison Ground Flying Dragon Bug Rock Ghost Ice Steel Dark

or is there some similar logic underneath this I don't know of?

Yeah, it kind of bugs me too. I'm pretty sure in official English-language type charts, it's always Normal, Fire, Water, Electric, Grass, Ice, Fighting, Poison, Ground, Flying, Psychic, Bug, Rock, Ghost, Dragon, Dark, Steel.

http://www.serebii.net/guideart2.jpg

from official XY guide. still there.

to me it looks like its the core-elemental, most thematic and colorful, mostly obvious simply from look- types first (fire, water, grass, electric, ice), followed by all the types that are conceptually more of a special ability/superior skill than an element (fighting, poison, ground, flying, psychic), then followed by all the types that related to the kind of organism itself (bug, rock, ghost, dragon), with the last 3 types being last simply because they were added later (dark, steel and now fairy)

its so much better visually than ordered alphabetically by english type names S: