• Lexical scope — Miscellaneous nerdosity. Programming and... uh...
  • Four Star Mon

Hmm, didn't think that veekun's forums would allow for stuff like this. Guess it's part of the spirit of the One True Principle. (That's what I call the Golden Rule that you have on your "Rules" thread - it's very simple and it works.)

Anyway, enough of that. Now for the real reason I'm here.

A bunch of programmers and I are developing an open-source Pokémon game engine known as Four Star Mon. We're trying to give it the works - 3D overworld, battle animations, and all of that stuff. Of course, we've been through a few bumps and struggles, and our work as of now on the current engine has mostly been getting 3D rendering to work properly. We have a lot of work in things like the battle engine, but the project got wiped clean and restarted a few times, so you wouldn't see most of our previous work in the code repositories.

We could do it all with the team that we have right now, but it would be a great asset to have some of the programmers who have spent time here as well help us with ideas, layout, and of course coding work. :P

The program is written in C++, using OpenGL and SFML as libraries.

Here's our website, if you're interested: http://fourstarmon.com/

That website contains links to the code repository, download links, and things like that.

I like that this project, rather than trying to purely emulate pokemon, is about fanmon. It's a lot more legal than many projects.